Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

You see, I'm not a kid anymore~! ;)

I decided to follow what's given to me. I have come to KMPP, Penang.
You might wonder if I will be able to survive here since I'm very dependant to my family. But now, being here, I can tell you that things aren't as I'd once predicted. I have gained strength to move on. To be stronger than before, and most importantly, to grow out of the shell that used to restrict me from moving to another ground, a ground with undiscovered knowledge and skills to be learned. And now, having to be here for a few weeks, approximate to a month, I felt content and happy for being able to adapt in the new and unexplored surrounding I've once reckoned. I see myself pretty much weather-borned. Regardless of being the minority here, I still stand tall.
Of course, the first day here was rather tough to go through as time seemed to past so slowly and you had to bear the pain of leaving your parents and family members behind. You felt as though everything in the world slowed down. Every second past seemed like an hour. I cried when my parents left, I cried when I see my mother walking away from my hostel room and towards my dad's car. I cried for this is the first time I leave my parents not 5 minutes of distance but 5 hours of ride. I told myself. Be strong and you can; for the sake of Chemistry, no matter how difficult this situation might be, never turn back and never ever think of giving up!
The first week was indeed torturing. I had to sleep late, wake up very early and walk almost the whole day with only 5-15 minutes to catch my meals. Seniors told us it was only 1/10 of the orientation we will be undergoing a year later in university. That was really a tiring week. The second week was when the lectures began.

In KMPP, I'd met some friends that I can cling with as we all shared the same feeling of leaving our beloved family behind. This is when our bond began to strengthen and we started to do everything together. We eat breakfast together, sing together, have lunch together, well, we practically do everything together. From KMPP is where I began to experience the quote people once said. 'At home, you depends on your family; In a new place where you are not living with your parents, you depends on your friends.'


We are still, Enrea~5.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment